Virtual SRP Water Conservation Expo Workshops via Zoom Set for March 13, 16 and 18
Participants will receive rebates/discounts on smart irrigation controllers
Valley residents can learn about SRP’s role in water and how to conserve our precious resource by participating in the free, online 14th Annual SRP Virtual Water Conservation Expo. The expo has been recognized by customers and exhibitors as one of the area’s best water-themed events.
No matter where you live, water is an important part of our lives and conservation is critical. This statement rings even more true in Arizona. At this year’s expo, online attendees will have the opportunity to hear from water professionals, get water conservation tips and purchase a discounted smart irrigation controller.
After attending the event, virtual expo attendees will have the option to purchase online through Ewing Irrigation, with instant discounts and rebates, either a Hunter Pro-HC with Hydrawise™ or a Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler controller.
Participants can enter in a giveaway to win an energy-efficiency prize package valued at $350.
WHEN / WHERE:
9 to 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 13 (Register here)
- Surface Water Resources. Learn about the strategies and practices SRP uses to maintain a resilient and reliable water supply.
- Canal Multiple Use. Discover the unique history of our canal system and how SRP continues to work with communities to make them a valued source of joy, recreation and water.
- Liberty Wildlife. Hear about the importance of keeping our reservoirs, lakes and canals clean for Arizona's birds and animals from Liberty Wildlife, a not-for-profit wildlife conservation, rehabilitation and educational entity.
Noon to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, March 16 (Register here)
- Measurement service. Explore how Arizona's water and snow is monitored and measured. Discover how these key indicators can help predict the Valley's water total today and in the future.
- Water - Use It Wisely. Learn about the Water Conservation Campaign's positive impact on educating Valley residents on the importance of water conservation.
- Arizona Nursery Association. Hear from experts on Arizona’s Nursery efforts, desert habitat and nature conservation.
6 to 7 p.m. on Thursday March 18 (Register here)
- Historian. Dive into SRP's history as a water and power provider and discover how the company's innovative spirit helped shape Arizona and the West since its founding in 1903.
- Trees Matter. Trees don't just look pretty; they supply oxygen and shade. Join Trees Matter, a local non-profit, as they discuss their mission to inspire and promote an increased tree canopy in the Valley.
- Watershed Management Group. Hear from the non-profit Watershed Management Group who will provide information on Arizona’s watershed, improving desert ecosystem and getting communities involved in maintaining a sustainable livelihood.
The Expo has grown to become the largest distribution event of smart irrigation controllers in the nation. SRP has distributed approximately 8,000 smart irrigation controllers over the past 13 years. That translates to approximately 160 million gallons of water saved based on the average household water use of 12,000 gallons per month before installation.
Sign-up to be notified about new releases
SRP is a community-based, not-for-profit public power utility and the largest provider of electricity in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area, serving more than 1 million customers. SRP also is the metropolitan area’s largest supplier of water, delivering about 800,000 acre-feet annually to municipal, urban and agricultural water users.