Virtual SRP Water Conservation Expo Workshops via Zoom Set for July 18, 20 & 22
Participants will receive a discount on a smart irrigation controller
Valley residents can learn about SRP’s role in water and how to conserve our precious resource by participating in the free, online 2023 SRP Virtual Water Conservation Expo.
No matter where you live, water is an important part of our lives and conservation is critical. This statement rings even more true in Arizona. At this year’s expo, online attendees will have the opportunity to hear from water professionals, get water conservation tips and purchase a discounted smart irrigation controller.
After attending the event, virtual expo attendees will have the option to purchase online through Ewing Irrigation, with instant discounts and rebates, either a Hunter Pro-HC with Hydrawise™ or a Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler controller.
SRP has distributed more than 10,000 smart irrigation controllers over the past 15 years. That translates to approximately 203 million gallons of water saved based on the average household water use of 12,000 gallons per month before installation.
- SRP Historian – Dive into SRP's history as a water and power provider and discover how the company's innovative spirit helped shape Arizona and the West since its founding in 1903.
- Surface Water Resources – Learn about the strategies and practices SRP uses to maintain a resilient and reliable water supply.
- Measurement Services – Explore how Arizona's water and snow are monitored and measured. Discover how these key indicators can help predict the Valley's water total today and in the future.
- Forest Restoration Partnerships – Learn about the SRP Healthy Forest Initiative and how SRP is working with partners on forest restoration projects to ensure resilient water for Central Arizona.
- Canal Multiple Use – Discover the unique history of our canal system and how SRP continues to work with communities to make them a valued source of joy, recreation and water.
- New Water Resiliency Projects – Learn about the Bartlett Modification Project and other SRP projects with partners that will help ensure water resiliency for Central Arizona.
- Water Conservation – Get tips on how you can conserve water at your home including a toilet leak test and online resources.
- Ewing and Controller presentations – Presentations from Ewing Irrigation, Hunter Pro-HC with Hydrawise™ and Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler controllers.
SRP is a community-based, not-for-profit public power utility and the largest electricity provider in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area, serving approximately 1.1 million customers. SRP provides water to about half of the Valley’s residents, delivering more than 244 billion gallons of water (750,000 acre-feet) each year, and manages a 13,000-square-mile watershed that includes an extensive system of reservoirs, wells, canals and irrigation laterals.