SRP Water Conservation Expo Set for March 4
Expo offers discount/rebate on a WaterSense labeled smart irrigation controller
WHAT: Join us at the 16th Annual SRP Water Conservation Expo to learn about SRP’s stewardship of the Valley’s water and how to conserve our precious resource. The free Expo will be live and in person for the first time in three years.
The Expo is the largest one-day distribution event for smart irrigation controllers in the nation. SRP has distributed more than 10,000 smart irrigation controllers, which has resulted in an overall savings of more than 203 million gallons.
Expo attendees have the option to purchase either a Hunter Pro-HC with Hydrawise™ or a Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler controller, which can be pre-purchased online or at the Expo.
· Learn about SRP's role in water stewardship from expert staff.
· Get water-saving tips and learn about more free programs offered by municipalities and local organizations.
· Participate in classes, including Irrigation 101; Hunter Controller; Rachio Controller; and Ideas for Shade, Color, and Easy Care with Xeriscape Landscaping where you can learn about plant selections and design ideas.
· Learn how SRP hydrologists measure snowpack with five tons of snow display to predict how much water will be traveling from the watershed in northern and eastern Arizona to the Valley.
· Purchase a plant at the Desert Botanical Garden pop-up plant sale.
WHEN / WHERE:
SRP Water Conservation Expo from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, March 4
(Register here) at PERA Pavilion, 1 E. Continental Drive in Tempe.
Sign-up to be notified about new releases
SRP is a community-based, not-for-profit public power utility and the largest electricity provider in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area, serving approximately 1.1 million customers. SRP provides water to about half of the Valley’s residents, delivering more than 244 billion gallons of water (750,000 acre-feet) each year, and manages a 13,000-square-mile watershed that includes an extensive system of reservoirs, wells, canals and irrigation laterals.