SRP Water Conservation Expo: Save Water, Save $$$
Up to 70 percent of household water use is outdoors, which can lead to waste if lawn sprinklers and drip irrigation systems are not properly programmed and maintained. Learn how to reduce water use and save money on a smart irrigation controller at the 2024 SRP Water Conservation Expo™ from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, March 2 at the PERA Pavilion, 1 E. Continental Dr. in Tempe.
SRP’s Water Conservation Expo is a family-friendly event and the largest one-day distribution of smart irrigation controllers for lawn sprinkler and drip irrigation systems in the nation. It is also an opportunity for residents to hear from experts about water stewardship, conservation and SRP’s role in managing the Valley’s water.
MORNING SHOW PRODUCERS: Expo program manager Leeann Yacuel is available to talk in studio before the event and on the day of the Expo at the PERA Pavilion.
- Get water-saving tips and learn about free programs from local organizations, including Valley municipalities.
- Participate in a rainwater harvesting class to learn about the basic concepts such as passive vs. active systems, tanks, planning and design.
- Connect with community water partners to discover new water-saving technologies.
- Enjoy a mini plant sale by Desert Botanical Garden.
Discounts on smart irrigation controllers include the following:
- Hunter Pro-HC six-station outdoor smart irrigation controller price for Expo attendees is $60 plus tax* (retail value is $285). Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply price for Expo attendees is $190; SRP provides an instant rebate of $130.
- Rachio smart controller is $60 plus tax* (retail value is $199.99) and includes an outdoor enclosure box (retail value is $39.99). Ewing discounted price for Expo attendees is $190; SRP provides an instant rebate of $130.
- *Participant is responsible for sales tax on a price of $190 for the controller from Ewing Irrigation.
- Check with your municipality to see if they offer an additional rebate.
Smart controllers automatically create watering schedules using real-time weather data and on-site conditions to determine your landscape watering needs. When you install a smart irrigation controller (not for flood irrigation), you can reduce your water usage by at least 20 percent, saving water and money.
Register today for the 2024 SRP Water Conservation Expo.
SRP is a community-based, not-for-profit public power utility and the largest electricity provider in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area, serving approximately 1.1 million customers. SRP provides water to about half of the Valley’s residents, delivering more than 244 billion gallons of water (750,000 acre-feet) each year, and manages a 13,000-square-mile watershed that includes an extensive system of reservoirs, wells, canals and irrigation laterals.