SRP to Host Webinar Focused on the Inflation Reduction Act
Session will gather experts and SRP stakeholders to discuss the IRA and understand impacts
SRP is hosting a Technical Working Session part of its Integrated System Plan where experts from around the country and from SRP will explore the federal Inflation Reduction Act. In a moderated panel-discussion format, they will explore how the Inflation Reduction Act could affect power planning at SRP including opportunities and new questions. The session will also include a presentation on SRP’s work-to-date on the Integrated System Plan.
Participating SRP leaders, expert speakers and panelists include:
- Angie Bond-Simpson, Director of Integrated System Planning & Support at SRP
- Grant Smedley, Director of Resource Planning & Acquisition at SRP
- Robert Cogan, Senior Manager of Federal Affairs at SRP
- Daniel Dreiling, Director of Customer Programs at SRP
- Christine Turner, Chief Commercialization and Engagement Officer for Solar Energy Manufacturers for America Coalition
- Arne Olson, Senior Partner at E3 (panel moderator)
- Michael Mace, Managing Director at PFM Financial Advisors (panelist)
- Hanson Wood, Senior Vice President of Development, West Region at EDF Renewables (panelist)
- Mitchell Rapaport, Partner at Nixon Peabody LLP (panelist)
Tuesday, January 17, 2023
9 a.m.– 11:30 a.m.
*Media planning to attend the webinar and/or interested in interviewing experts to contact Erica Roelfs firstname.lastname@example.org
SRP is excited to conduct this Technical Working Session on the Inflation Reduction Act, given the amount of interest expressed by community stakeholders during the Integrated System Planning process. The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 is a U.S. federal law which aims to combat inflation by reducing the deficit, lowering prescription drug prices and investing in domestic energy production while promoting clean energy.
Targeted objectives include:
- Understand the impacts of the Inflation Reduction Act to utility planning and SRP
- Understand the key uncertainties of the Inflation Reduction Act from a variety of perspectives
- Discuss stakeholder questions about the Inflation Reduction Act
- Identify any gaps in how SRP is considering the Inflation Reduction Act in planning
SRP’s Integrated System Plan (ISP) evolved from a traditional integrated resource plan and is a holistic planning process that will develop a system-wide plan for 2025 to 2035 and keep SRP on the forefront of evolving technology and customer expectations in sustainability, reliability and affordability.
SRP’s ISP officially kicked off in November 2021, is a collaborative process SRP voluntarily welcomes its stakeholders to be part of. Working alongside communities is how SRP has helped successfully grow the Valley. This transition is no different. SRP has been delivering water and power to the Valley since 1903.
Sign-up to be notified about new releases
SRP is a community-based, not-for-profit public power utility and the largest electricity provider in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area, serving approximately 1.1 million customers. SRP provides water to about half of the Valley’s residents, delivering more than 244 billion gallons of water (750,000 acre-feet) each year, and manages a 13,000-square-mile watershed that includes an extensive system of reservoirs, wells, canals and irrigation laterals.