SRP Shares Savings Tips and Resources to Help with Summer Bills
SRP is prepared for this week’s extreme summer heat and encourages customers to be ready, too.
SRP offers the following tips to help customers stay comfortable in triple digit temperatures while keeping their bills stable.
- Set your thermostat to 78-80 degrees while home, and several degrees higher at night or when away. For every degree the thermostat is set above 80 degrees, a customer can save up to 3 percent on cooling costs.
- Close drapes and blinds during the day to keep out the heat. Windows can account for nearly 50 percent of the heat that enters a home.
- Replace disposable air filters or clean permanent ones at least once a month during the summer. A dirty air filter forces AC equipment to work harder, causing higher energy bills.
- Instead of lowering the thermostat, use ceilings fans to stay cool. Set ceiling fans to blow downward during the summer and turn them off when the room is empty. Fans cool people, not rooms.
- Take part in SRP rebates for new AC units, insulation, AC duct repair and window shade screens that can help make homes more energy efficient and help reduce electricity bills. Learn more at savewithsrp.com.
SRP also has a variety of customer programs and possible assistance resources to provide additional help with managing summer bills:
- Economy Price Plan – Income eligible customers can receive a $23 monthly discount on their SRP electric bill.
- Project SHARE – SRP partners with its customers and the Salvation Army to provide Project SHARE, an energy assistance program to help customers having trouble paying their energy bill.
- Energy Assistance by City – SRP customers can visit srp.net/assistance to access a list of resources and assistance programs available by city.
- SRP eNotes – Customers can sign up for text and email notifications that provide weekly or monthly bill projections, payment reminders and high energy use alerts that can help better manage energy costs.
- SRP Safety Net – Customers can choose someone to notify if their electric bill ever becomes past due, to help protect them from service disruption.
Customers can reach the SRP customer service team 24 hours a day at 602-236-8888 to learn more about our helpful programs and tools, and to find a solution that best meets their needs.
SRP is a community-based, not-for-profit public power utility and the largest electricity provider in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area, serving approximately 1.1 million customers. SRP provides water to about half of the Valley’s residents, delivering more than 244 billion gallons of water (750,000 acre-feet) each year, and manages a 13,000-square-mile watershed that includes an extensive system of reservoirs, wells, canals and irrigation laterals.