SRP receives platinum ‘Healthy Arizona Worksite’ award
The Healthy Arizona Worksite Program recently recognized SRP for achieving the platinum level of excellence in worksite wellness.
The platinum level is awarded to businesses that make efforts to positively affect the health and well-being of their employees, their families and their community through evidence-based health initiatives. The Arizona Department of Health Services and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health manage the program, which is available to all Arizona employers.
Some of the ways SRP promotes wellness include:
- SRP Wellness Champions — an ambassador program in which employees work to help their co-workers enhance their quality of life and health
- WellSMART and MOM/POP — confidential, free health screenings with the convenience of being at the workplace
- Banner Health classes about topics such as diabetes and skin cancer
- A health plan that includes alternative treatments for pain/stress reduction, including acupuncture, mindfulness-based stress reduction and biofeedback/neurofeedback
- A partnership with the Phoenix Children’s Hospital to offer water-safety workshops at public and private pools across the Valley
For more information about the Healthy Arizona Worksites Program, go to healthyazworksites.org.
SRP is a community-based, not-for-profit public power utility and the largest provider of electricity in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area, serving more than 1 million customers. SRP also is the metropolitan area’s largest supplier of water, delivering about 750,000 acre-feet annually to municipal, urban and agricultural water users.