SRP Offers Free Online Class to Help Businesses Prepare for Monsoon
Power Outage Training for Businesses Offered Next Week
Arizona’s monsoon can bring high winds, walls of dust, torrential rain, flooding and lightning, which can suddenly affect Salt River Project’s electric system and its customers. An unexpected power outage can be especially costly and disruptive to businesses. To help prepare for storm season, SRP is hosting a free online workshop. Business managers are encouraged to sign up for the free 90-minute webinar to learn how to reduce outage risks and maintain critical operations if the lights go out.
- Tips to develop an outage plan
- Make an emergency kit
- How to prepare employees
- Equipment planning and back-up power sources
- SRP tools to stay informed
- Planned vs. Unplanned Outages
- What SRP does to restore power
WHEN / WHERE:
Thursday, June 18 at 10 a.m.|
To register, visit srpnet.com/outagetraining or call (602) 236-5785.
The recorded webinar will be posted and available online on June 22.
- Click here to view a business outage planning checklist.
- View the SRP outage map at srpnet.com/outagemap.
- Get updates via social media. Search @SRPconnect on Facebook and Twitter
- Sign up for text or email outage alerts at srpnet.com/outagealerts
- Download the SRP Power App to view the interactive outage map and report an outage: Search SRP Power in Apple App store and Google Play
SRP is a community-based, not-for-profit public power utility and the largest provider of electricity in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area, serving more than 1 million customers. SRP also is the metropolitan area’s largest supplier of water, delivering about 800,000 acre-feet annually to municipal, urban and agricultural water users.