SRP Offers Free Online Class Tomorrow to Help Businesses Prep for Monsoon
Sign Up Today for Power Outage Training for Businesses
An unexpected power outage can be especially costly and disruptive to businesses. Arizona’s monsoon can bring high winds, walls of dust, torrential rain, flooding and lightning, which can suddenly affect Salt River Project’s electric system and its customers.
To help prepare for storm season, SRP is hosting a free online workshop. Business managers are encouraged to watch the free, hour-long webinar to learn how to reduce outage risks and maintain critical operations if the lights go out.
- SRP tools to stay informed
- Tips to develop an outage plan
- Make an emergency kit
- How to prepare employees
- Equipment planning and back-up power sources
- Planned vs. Unplanned Outages
- What SRP does to restore power
How to Stay Informed:
- Click here to view a business outage planning checklist.
- View the SRP outage map at srpnet.com/outagemap
- Get updates via social media. Search @SRPconnect on Facebook and Twitter
- Sign up for text or email outage alerts at srpnet.com/outagealerts
- Download the SRP Power App to view the interactive outage map and report an outage: Search SRP Power in Apple App store and Google Play
- Monsoon Storm Safety Tips
SRP is a community-based, not-for-profit public power utility and the largest provider of electricity in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area, serving more than 1 million customers. SRP is also the metropolitan area’s largest supplier of water, delivering about 750,000 acre-feet annually to municipal, urban and agricultural water users.