Cooler Months Are Ideal Time to Plan for Summer Heat
Customers Can Spring into Savings with SRP’s ‘Cool Cash’ A/C Rebate
WHAT: Before temperatures rise, now is the best time to make sure air conditioners are in top shape to handle Arizona’s triple-digit summer. SRP is offering two incentives to help its electric customers:
- SRP customers are eligible for a 20-point air conditioner checkup for $65.95 until April 30. To schedule an inspection with an SRP Certified Contractor, customers can call (602) 274-6808 or visit savewithsrp.com.
- Through SRP’s A/C rebate program, known as Cool Cash, customers now can take advantage of new rebates up to $1,125 on a new energy-efficient A/C, heat pump or mini-split system.Rebate requirements are based on the type and size, or tonnage, of the new system. An efficient system replacement can save 30 to 50 percent on annual cooling costs. For complete details and qualification information, call (602) 274-6808 or visit savewithsrp.com/coolcash.
DETAILS: How to know if it is time to check or get a new A/C:
- Central air conditioner or heat pump is 10 years or older.
- Electricity use increases while comfort in the home decreases.
- Cooling or heating system is noisy.
- System runs longer to maintain the same thermostat setting.
SRP is a community-based, not-for-profit public power utility and the largest provider of electricity in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area, serving more than 1 million customers. SRP also is the metropolitan area’s largest supplier of water, delivering about 800,000 acre-feet annually to municipal, urban and agricultural water users.